Linux OS newly installed
Saturday, August 2, 2008
Sorry it's just Ubuntu.
I have tried experiencing several kinds of linux distributions such as Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora and Arch. Yesterday I installed Debian Linux but something was wrong with my sound card that I couldn't make it work correctly because of the lack of its driver. I tried but found no solutions finally. So I had to select Ubuntu though it's more or less just like MS Windows.
Graphic Acceleration Card, OK.
Sound Card, OK.
Ethernet Adapter, OK.
Good.
But the happiness didn't last long. Something was wrong with the "apt-get" source while I was enjoying the victory that I could use linux normally maybe.
When I launch the command "apt-get install sth", it responses "Segmentation faulty tree... 50%".
Fuck!
I tried to find the reasons serching by Google, Baidu, etc. Nothing helpful.
Now I can't install any new software through apt-get so I can't use Scim to input Chinese characters...
Goodbye today, time to sleep...
Liverpool is playing against Glasgow Rangers right now but maybe I can't watch the live broadcast because of the bad net.
Come on Liverpool! I expect an amazing result tomorrow morning.
posted by Fan Bai @ 23:22,
